ABC Friends National Inc. is the peak body representing ABC Friends and Friends of the ABC organisations throughout Australia.
The aims of ABC Friends National are:
- To represent community interest in Australia’s national public broadcaster, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) to ensure:
- that the ABC is properly funded to maintain and advance its role as the national public broadcaster in all media, promoting and reflecting Australian culture and diversity
- that it remains editorially independent of government and commercial interests.
- And to inform the Australian public about issues affecting the national public broadcaster.
ABC Friends is not aligned to any political party, but is a lobby group that works on behalf of listeners and viewers of ABC radio and television as well as users of the various ABC digital platforms.
ABC Friends National Inc. Rules are available here.
ABC Friends National Inc. Committee 2019
- Cathy Bardon – Western Australia
- Sue Pinnock – South Australia & NT
- Sandra Coopman – South Australia & NT
- Bill Condon - Victoria
- Peter Monie - Victoria
- Mal Hewitt - NSW & ACT
- Ross McDowell – Queensland
- Kent Eising – Queensland
For Media Comment
Margaret Reynolds - 0447 735 156 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ranald Macdonald - 0424 545 516 - email@example.com
Membership & Other Enquiries
Membership: Click 'Contact' at the top of this page and select your State
Website Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address: ABC Friends National Inc. PO Box 3620 Manuka ACT 2603